Answer each question and tally the results for each section. Try to answer as truthfully as you can. If you’re unsure, ask someone who knows you well. At the bottom of each section choose the definition that you scored the highest with. At the end of the assessment, you will have 4 letters which will serve as your abbreviated personality type definition.
- Have natural high energy
- Are outwardly expressive
- Talk more than listen
- Think out loud
- Are spontaneous
- Prefer a public role
- May be easily distracted
- Can multi-task
- Are outgoing
- Have quiet energy
- Are reserved
- Comfortable being alone
- Listen more than talk
- Keep most thoughts to themselves
- Think before acting
- Prefer to work behind the scenes
- Have good concentration
- Focus on one task at a time
- Are quiet in crowds
If you chose mostly ‘Extrovert’ answers, put E as the first letter of your personality type.
If you chose mostly ‘Introvert’ answers, put I as the first letter of your personality type.
- Focus on specifics and details
- Like practical solutions
- Remember facts
- See what is
- Live In the moment
- Trust actual experiences
- Use established skills
- Like step-by-step instructions
- Work at a steady pace
- Focus on the big picture
- Appreciate creative ideas
- Notice anything new or different
- See possibilities
- Think of future implications
- Trust their own instincts
- Like to learn new skills
- Figure things out on their own
- Work in bursts of energy
If you chose mostly ‘Sensory’ answers, put S as the second letter of your personality type.
If you chose mostly ‘Intuitive’ answers, put N as the second letter of your personality type.
You now have 2 letters as your personality type. 2 more to go…
- Make objective decisions
- Appear cool and reserved
- Are convinced by rational arguments
- Are truthful and direct
- Value honesty and fairness
- Don’t usually take things personally
- Are quick to see flaws
- Motivated by achievement
- Enjoy arguing or debating
- Make decisions based on their values and feelings
- Are warm and friendly
- Convinced by how they feel
- Are diplomatic and tactful
- Value harmony and compassion
- Usually take things personally
- Are quick to compliment others
- Motivated by appreciation
- Try to avoid arguments and conflict
If you chose mostly ‘Thinker’ answers, put T as the third letter of your personality type.
If you chose mostly ‘Feeler’ answers, put F as the third letter of your personality type.
You now have 3 letters as your personality type. One more time…
- Like a sense of being settled
- Take responsibility seriously
- Are usually prompt
- Like to finish what they start
- Work before they play
- Need closure
- Prefer to work with rules and boundaries
- Stick with a plan
- Like schedules
- Like to keep their options open
- Are playful and casual
- Usually run late
- Often have multiple unfinished projects
- Play before work
- Are often indecisive
- Don’t like rules and order
- Like to work with flexible plans
- Are spontaneous
If you chose mostly ‘Judger’ answers, put J as the fourth letter of your personality type.
If you chose mostly ‘Perceiver’ answers, put P as the fourth letter of your personality type.
You now have your 4 basic personality type letters!
Introvert v Extrovert
Sensory v Intuitive
Thinker v Feeler
Judger v Perceiver
Place them in order: I or E, S or N, T or F, J or P
For example: an Introvert, Sensory, Thinker, Judger = ISTJ
The 4 letters describe your personality as one of 16 basic personality types.
Want to find out more about personalities and character development? Visit my Pinterest board for Writing Personality Types.
Note from Lynne: This assessment has been compiled from several sources online.
Connect with me online!